Monday, March 7, 2016

Not Ready


Not Ready


Costumes are flying,
Paint is everywhere,
Wood chips,
Sawing,
Drills,
Nails,
Screws,
Everything. Everywhere.

I’ve seen the stage, I’m part of the crew, I’ve worked on it. Stagecraft is something that I really wanted to do and I’m so happy I did, but sometimes I don’t know if we are ready. Like now. It’s two weeks until the show. Nope sorry, it’s ten days until opening night. Great, so much better. Ok, ten days. There are sets that need to be finished, props that need to be made, and a crap ton of things that need to be painted. So yeah, the pressure is on because if we don’t do well on sets, the whole play is in trouble. I’m not saying the actors are not important, they are, but stagecraft has a lot of pressure. I don’t know if we will finish. Currently. We. Are. Not. Ready.

7 comments:

  1. true we have a lot to do still, its pretty stressful

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you we have a ton of work! I hope we can get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that you guys still have a lot to do, but I know you guys can get it all done! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Anika, have you seen the theater recently? We got all the lights up and there's a brand new hole in the wall. The door are up and very operational, and there's a flap cut in the stage for Brynn that works delightfully. While it's true we need to do a lot, it's mostly painting. Almost all of the basic sets are lighting and fabric, both of which are almost ready. And the canoe is done. Everyone has been doing an awesome job on crew and cast and we'll hopefully not fail; Alex is less worried here than about the IS show. Nice slice, however.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way, nice slice. Also.. I agree with Maia, I haven't seen the new stage but from what you told me it seems like we made progress right! Ah, its so stressfull!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice SOL. I totally agree but I'm sure you guys will get everything done! nice slice!

    ReplyDelete

"Bucky?"
"Who the hell's Bucky?"