Sunday, March 13, 2016

The Story Part 4


The Story Part 4
Sebastian’s Perspective

A strong breeze flew through Sara’s hair as we crouched by the small hole in the wall leading into the Pentagon. She looked straight into my eyes and nodded her head towards the inside where who knows what was waiting for us.

“Ladies first.” I winked as I gestured for her to go in.

She sneered at me before creeping in, me close behind as the tiny dragon slipped in after us. Sara stops soon after we enter to point at a large snarling beast standing at the base of a chest. A small grunt from Nightshade asked the question I had hesitated to ask.

“We have to distract it somehow, what if we made it go to sleep?” Sara suggested.

“Sara, I’m kind of thinking that Rover here doesn’t need to rest.” I replied. “One of us has to be bait while the other two grab the weapons.”

“Who’s the bait?”

“You?” I smirked as Sara glared at me, her eyes shredding through my skin and making me laugh. “Oh, I’m sorry, Nightshade?” I threw another option her way and got the same response. “Sara, both of us will be able to carry more than one of us and her.”

“Bash,”

“Sara… Come on. She can fly, we can’t.”

“Fine.” She picked up Nightshade and kissed her on the head. “Are you up for this?”

Nightshade nods, looking a little worried and I picked her from Sara, “Hey, you can do this, if he comes one way, you go the other. And don’t get eaten.” I winked at her and she smiled back.

Sara let the dragon go and she slips over and confronts the electropup. I watched her for a minute, the small shadow teasing the aggravated robot, slowly pulling the pup away from it’s treasure.

“Bash, let’s go.” Sara whispered and as we glide through the shadows, I notice something I’d never seen before. A small glow above her dark hair.  

2 comments:

  1. Oo! What a surprise ending! I like it! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to find out what happens next! What a cool story!

    ReplyDelete

"Bucky?"
"Who the hell's Bucky?"