Thursday, March 10, 2016

The Show


The Show

I’m backstage. In the green room with the rest of my crew. I’m talking to Garrett, one of my fellow singers and definitely one of the best. But I’m mostly scared for starting. I start the show. Me. By myself. Yeah, the “Welcome to Paradise” people are up there with me but I’m the only one making any sound for the first minute or so. Garrett’s offering to hum the tune behind me but I decline. That was sweet of him, but this was something I have to do for myself. Me. By myself. We climb onto the stage and I stand right in the center. Me. By myself. Garrett is right behind me and I’m considering taking up his offer. But I can’t, I have to start, people are waiting. I see three of my friends in the back smiling and laughing and I take a deep breath, and start the show. Me. By myself.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, when I am put on the spot or when I have a solo. You do a good job describing what it is like to know you have to do something.

    ReplyDelete

"Bucky?"
"Who the hell's Bucky?"