Monday, March 28, 2016

The Story Part 7


The Story Part 7

I’m ok with it. Yeah, it will take me a while to get used to it but, you know, whatever. Sara means well and that's all that matters. The only question is, is she dark, or light. I know there are two but I don't know what she is. I’m afraid to ask because I don't want her breaking down again. But I have to ask. Ok. Here we go.

“Sara, are you dark or light.”

Sara looked up from brushing Nightshade and stared at me.

“You know what they are.” She murmured.

“Yeah, I just… don't know what you are.” I looked into her dark brown eyes, hoping for an answer.

“Well, what do you think I am?” Her eyes almost instantly switched from guarded to playful.

“I refuse answer that. Whatever answer I give, bodes badly for me.”
A smile played along Sara’s lips and I realized.

“But you know that. Oh. How dare you!” I accused.
Sara’s smile formed fully and she winked at me. My eyes narrowed and I raised my hands in defense. “Come at me, bro.” I said returning her wink.

“Oh, you asked for it.” She smiled, accepting my challenge.

She stood up and we circled for a minute. A fist came at my face but I grabbed her wrist before it made contact. My leg came up and caught her side making her fall and I towered over her, a smirk across my face. We sparred for a while until she decided to give up, two bruised hands came up in front of her face while she yelled,

“Ok, ok! I give up!!”
I smiled in victory and extended an arm to help the heap on the ground to it’s feet.

“Ok, I won, now tell me. Dark or light?” I asked leaning against a wall.
A small crimson tear came from her lip and she wiped it away and sighed.

“Dark.”

“You don't like that you’re dark, do you?”

“You tell me,” a voice came from her, but it was different from her usual one. She seemed, unemotional.

Then I noticed the shiny black shadows coming from her back. Wings.

“Oh Sara.” I looked at her, a face watching the ground. I tilted her head up to look at mine. “Sweetie, it’s ok. You have wings. Don’t be ashamed, you have wings. You are capable of doing anything you would ever want to! And, you look even more bada** than you usually do.” I winked and Sara smiled. “Come on. We have work to do.”

1 comment:

  1. You are doing a good job of building the suspense of it because every slice seems to have its own theme. This makes me anticipate the finale more than ever! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

"Bucky?"
"Who the hell's Bucky?"