Friday, March 4, 2016

When They're Gone SOLMC#4



When They’re Gone

When you lose a person, your heart hurts. Your head hurts and you don’t really know what to feel. A part of you is glad that the suffering is over, but the rest of you wants the person to be back. You miss them, but of course, you have no say, it just happens, no warning, no preparation, but somehow, you understand. While it takes a little to get over it, you never really do, a part of you is missing, even if over time it gets smaller, it’s still there. Always there. And there is absolutely nothing you can do.


I dedicate this post to my grandfather who I love very very much,

7 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Anika. This is a really nice tribute to your grandfather and an excellent description of how it feels to lose someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Anika. This is a really nice tribute to your grandfather and an excellent description of how it feels to lose someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry for your loss, as well. I agree that this is a good tribute to him, and a good, in depth description of the emotion of losing someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, I really appreciate you all being here for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That missing part is the negative space - that is how you keep Dadu with you forever..........
    Love you lots Anika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That missing part is the negative space - that is how you keep Dadu with you forever..........
    Love you lots Anika!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have described the feeling and thoughts about losing someone very well. I think i felt similarly when i lost my father. Hugs and love to you, my dear.

    Cmausi

    ReplyDelete

"Bucky?"
"Who the hell's Bucky?"