Thursday, March 17, 2016

The Story Part 5


The Story Part 5

It’s been hidden for the past few days, but I guess it just slipped out. The only thing I’m worried about is if Sebastian saw it. If he did, he’ll want an explanation. What would I say? I can’t tell him why we’re here, and I don’t know how he accepted the fact that Nightshade is a dragon. He’s so nice and if he found out, he’d leave us. It’s nice to talk to someone who talks back and Bash knows about DC. He’s essential to our survival. He can’t know. He just can’t. But what if he saw it? Will he ask me? Does he have the guts? Or does he just think it’s his mind playing tricks on him? I don’t know. Sebastian!! Give me SOME sign, at least one! Ugh, what am I doing? I’m in the middle of an escape mission and my dragon is very capable of become wire food. I can’t think about this right now, we need to get out and make sure Nightshade doesn’t die.

“Well, that was fun. Can we do it again?” Bash inquired carefully.

“What kind of screwed up definition of “fun” is in your head?” I asked laughing.

Sebastian smiled and looked at me. He watched me for a minute and then his gaze fell back to the chest by our feet. He slipped open the lock and the lid creaked open.

“What’s in it?” I pushed. He was just standing there… Was everything alright?

“Ummm... Sara?”

“Yes?”

“This isn’t what we thought it was,”

“Bash, what is it?”

He turned the chest and inside was a huge wad of paper. I picked one up and looked at it.

“Hello Sara. I know you’re on Earth. I’ve been watching you. When you gonna tell the guy? He has to know sometime. Oh! You don’t want to tell him! Cause you think he’ll think you’re a freak. Don’t worry sweetie, you are. Well I must be going, I certainly hope he wasn’t with you when you opened this.”

I looked up in terror to see Sebastian holding a piece of paper.

“Bash…”

“Sara, what is this? I know you’re on Earth? What the hell?” Sebastian’s face grew scarier as he got angrier.

“I can explain!” I yelled desperately. “Please, just let me explain.”

“Fine. What is going on?”

1 comment:

  1. How could you leave us with this? You have a great suspencefulness in-between parts of the story. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

"Bucky?"
"Who the hell's Bucky?"