Friday, March 25, 2016

Sitting Here, Surrounded By These Hooligans



Sitting Here, Surrounded By These Hooligans


I’m sitting here, working.
Or at least trying to.
Trying to focus on the topic of twin telepathy.
But it’s hard.
They talk...constantly.
About popcorn and tech stuff that I don't understand.
And all I wish they would do is stop talking.
They are hooligans.
They admit it themselves.
One of their headphones even says it.
But I don’t care.
It’s frustrating.
Their constant chatter.
Even though I know very well I do the same.
But right now it’s silent.
Because one has gone to pop his popcorn.
But when he comes back,
I will be sitting here.
Sitting here, surrounded by these hooligans.

6 comments:

  1. hmmmmm... i wonder who you could be talking about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the world "hooligans" but it makes me think of an old man saying that word about young kids....don't usually picture another kid using it!
    -Mrs. Sokolowksi, 3rd grade, NY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. One of the "Hooligans" has actually read this post, he says something along the lines of "I don't really care." Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  3. haha, I totally understand how you feel. This is also formatted really well. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This happens to me too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very relatable, and happens almost daily. "Hooligan" is a fun word that I have never used, and it is a fun way to describe what the people around you are like. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete

"Bucky?"
"Who the hell's Bucky?"